TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
We recommend that you carefully read the terms and conditions before checking the ‘I agree to terms’ checkbox because doing so constitutes your affirmative agreement to the Terms of Service and your commitment to remain in compliance thereto at all times during your tenure with bartleby. You also acknowledge that Bartleby reserves the right to monitor your activities and use of the Services and report any suspicious, unethical, illegal, improper, dishonest, inappropriate, or fraudulent activity, including any activity not in compliance with the Terms of Service (collectively, “Improper Behavior”) and may take necessary action as required. We have a zero-tolerance policy against these activities and such behavior. Failure to adhere to the Terms of Service may lead to disciplinary action, up to and including removal from the bartleby team. You also acknowledge and agree that bartleby reserves the right to report any and all such Improper Behavior to appropriate legal authorities and take any necessary actions to address such Improper Behavior.
You can register with bartleby only as an independent contractor (and not an employee). In order to register as
a contractor and be eligible to receive payment for any approved services you provide, you will need to follow a
full-fledged registration process. This includes registering and creating an “Account”, holding a valid Indian
Permanent Account Number (PAN), and passing all verification and background check protocols instituted by
bartleby from time to time. When you register with bartleby and set up your Account, you must provide us with
your full legal name, address, phone number, e-mail address, applicable tax registration details and any other
information requested. In addition to providing your personal details, you also must pass a few rounds of tests,
watch our training and guidelines video, and provide your bank and ID verification details. Once you have
successfully passed all steps, you will be eligible to become a SME with us. The ability to provide services to
bartleby is limited to parties that can lawfully enter and form contracts under applicable law. You are not
authorized to make any representation, contract, or commitment on behalf of bartleby and will not represent to
be or hold yourself out as an employee, agent or partner of bartleby.
By using the Service, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate about yourself; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information and update as necessary; and (c) your use of the Service does not violate any applicable law or regulation or the Terms of Service. You may create only one account with us and promise to not transfer your account to anyone else. You also agree that you shall use only the account owned by you (and not by any other person or entity) and shall not share your account details with any other person.
- Account: You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account. You must notify Bartleby immediately of any unauthorized uses of your data, your account or any other breaches of security you suspect or of which you are aware. Bartleby will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions while using the Service.
Termination of Services:
bartleby reserves the right to suspend, disable, or immediately terminate your Account or any assignment at
any time, with or without cause and with or without prior notice, including, without limitation, if (i) your
services are no longer required, (ii) the quality of your services does not consistently meet the standards of
bartleby, or (iii) you have breached any term of the Terms of Service.
- In the event of termination, bartleby shall not be liable to you for compensation or damages of any kind whatsoever, including direct, compensatory, indirect, special, punitive, exemplary, incidental or consequential damages, incurred as result of such termination (other than payment for services you provided prior to termination).
- Should you choose to cancel your account with us, you may do so at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Upon termination of your account for any reason (whether it is by bartleby or yourself), you shall immediately deliver to bartleby any and all material relating to any assignment performed for bartleby, including, without limitation, all of bartleby’s confidential information and all work product (including all work in progress) in your possession or under your control. You are not permitted to, and shall not, retain any copies, notes or excerpts of any of the foregoing after termination.
Rights and Permitted Use of Content:
You will use the Services only in a manner that complies with the Terms of Service and all laws, rules
(government, school, or otherwise), and regulations that apply to you. You may not resell or make any commercial
use of the Services or any Content (as defined below) therein. Any Content you access through the Service is
licensed and solely the property of bartleby and its affiliates and licensors, including, but not limited to all
text, graphics, applications, photographs, visuals, logos, data, articles, photos, images, illustrations, course
materials, class notes, flash cards, expert answers, chat, video, audio, and so forth (collectively “Content”).
- The reproduction, duplication, distribution, publication, modification, copying or transmission of Content available on or through bartleby’s website is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of bartleby.
- You shall not copy, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, modify, reproduce, republish, transmit, sell, offer for sale, disseminate or redistribute any Content displayed on the Service unless specifically permitted under this Agreement.
- You also may not copy, record, distribute, reproduce, disclose, sell, re-sell, sublicense (through multiple levels), display, publicly perform, transmit, publish, broadcast, translate, make derivative works of, and otherwise use and exploit in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of your Content (and derivative works thereof), for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any means or medium now known or hereafter developed, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, and to advertise, market, and promote the same.
- Content Submissions: Your Content submissions are not private or confidential and may be read, collected, and used publicly by us or others. You are fully responsible for all Content you contribute, all of which shall be deemed to be your original Content and submitted by you such that bartleby shall not need to obtain any licenses, rights, consents, permissions or the like from, or make any payments to, any third party for any use of the Content whatsoever at any time or in any manner or media. By submitting any Content, you confirm and attest it does not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or any other intellectual property rights, of any third party.
- Communication: Bartleby reserves the right to send information, including promotional and marketing communications, to you via email and mobile number provided by you at the time of registration or as updated in your profile. Any notices or other communications permitted or required to be given to you by bartleby will be in writing and given as follows: (i) by email (in each case to the email address that you provide) or by contacting you over phone or text. By providing your cell phone number to us, you consent to receiving text messages from bartleby.
In order to be eligible for payment, the Content you submit must comply with all of the following requirements:
- Q&A Answers must be provided to the student in accordance with bartleby’s then-current guidelines and Honor Code.
- Each solution must have sufficient and relevant explanations with calculation steps, if applicable.
- The solution must be conceptually correct and error-free.
- Necessary equations, diagrams, graphs and charts must be provided. The symbols and notations must be mentioned clearly with respect to equations.
- Unnecessary or irrelevant content must be avoided.
- Single step solutions or direct answers without necessary explanation or answers with missing steps or incomplete solutions will not be accepted.
- No plagiarism! The solution must be provided in one’s own words and not be copied from any textbook or external sources.
- Language used in the solution must be meaningful and easy to understand. The Content should be free from typographical errors and grammatical errors.
- Sufficient explanation must be provided in a minimum of two paragraphs, each of which must have a minimum of two sentences.
- Introductory sentences must outline what will be accomplished within the step. Sentences must be conversational and direct in tone.
- The solution must be broken down into multiple steps that have proper logical flow. You also should reference other steps in the solution with proper notation.
You hereby agree not to do any of the following:
- Engage in any fraudulent activity in connection with the Service, including, without limitation, creating fake demand and answering more questions than is possible within a given period of time;
- Engage in creating fake accounts, sharing of your account with, or providing your account to any person or entity, including impersonating or misrepresenting your affiliation with bartleby or any third party (including but not limited to educational institutions) to any person or entity;
- Engage in any conduct with the intent or result to trick the Service, whether through the use of any social media platforms, engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, BOTs, crawlers, data mining tools etc.) or otherwise, or use any means or mechanisms to answer questions other than the software and/or search agents provided by bartleby;
- Attempt to or breach any security or authentication measures implemented by bartleby or any of bartleby’s providers to protect the Services;
- Attempt to become a SME on the Service by using improper means after being deactivated or terminated by bartleby, such as impersonation through fake educational certification, government identification, bank details, etc.;
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional information, email, (including spam), or other forms of solicitation, including through telegram groups;
- Use any foul, disrespectful, profane, or vulgar language on the Service;
- Encourage or enable any other individual to sign up for any unauthorized services, whether through means such as Telegram or any other groups, by soliciting a payment from such individuals for creating demand or answering solutions;
- Engage in creation of any unauthorized social media pages or accounts representing bartleby or Services;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Services, or otherwise;
- Use the Services for any commercial purpose or benefit of any third party contrary to the Terms of Service; or
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site or Services.
You will be compensated on a per solution or answer basis.
- No payments will be made for any answers rejected by bartleby in its sole discretion.
- No payment will be made for incorrect solutions.
- TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) will be deducted as per the existing income tax rules and applicability.
- Successful verification of the provided documents (PAN & bank details) is mandatory for payments to be processed. Notwithstanding the foregoing, bartleby reserves the right to withhold any payments if you breach the Terms of Service, including but not limited to Section 9 (Content Requirements) above.
- Confidentiality: You agree that all Confidential Information that you develop which includes, is derived or is based upon Confidential Information supplied by bartleby is the sole property of bartleby. You hereby agree to keep secret all confidential Information of which you become aware during the term of your contract or any engagement with bartleby. You will not use or disclose, directly or indirectly, any Confidential Information to anyone outside of bartleby. This may include contracts, confidential financial, business and technical information, which belong solely to bartleby. In the event that you are requested pursuant to, or required by, applicable law, regulation or legal process to disclose any of the Confidential Information, you will notify bartleby immediately (but no later than two (2) days from receipt of such request) so that bartleby may choose to seek an injunctive order or other appropriate remedy. In the event that no such injunctive order or other remedy is obtained, you agree to furnish only that portion of the Confidential Information which you are advised by legal counsel is legally required and will exercise all reasonable efforts to obtain reliable assurance that confidential treatment will be accorded to the Confidential Information. As remedies at law may be inadequate to protect bartleby against any actual or threatened breach of this clause, bartleby shall have the right to injunctive relief in bartleby’s favor with respect to any breach of this provision without proof of irreparable harm. Your obligation to maintain confidentiality of Confidential Information shall survive termination of your contract or engagement with bartleby.